annie: confused and bemused

Saturday, September 17, 2005

work v.s. weekends

during my week day i'm a professional. yes, a secretary is a professional. just think about it, my job is to control chaos, get everybody where they are supposed to go and remain on top of everything at the same time. seriously, if i quit my job today, no one would have a clue as to what i do and wouldn't be able to step into my position and succeed.

and that takes a toll on me. by the end of the week, i'm exhausted.

but, weekends are a blessing. i only wish they lasted longer. it's time to relax, get some stuff done, and spend longer amounts of time with tony.
weekends remind me to be appreciative of what i have. that sounds sappy. but, every day i remind myself of how wonderful it is to be alive. to listen to the leaves rustle, baby pierce wailing because he's cutting a new tooth, the christian rock station we've taken to listening to (the instrumentals are great), waves crashing on shore, the twittering of finches in the trees on our patio, the hum of the washing machine (because it means that there's harmony in my home.) mundane chores; you know.

it's harder to have that appreciation at work. i think because people are so unhappy and they feel safe expressing their anger. personally, i find it hard to cope with on a daily basis. and that adds to my fatigue level. i have my own isses to cope with and really don't need theirs too!

so when my day is done, i look forward to a silly conversation, a hug, a joke. i guess i'm looking forward to a little healthy interaction between another person. why can't everyone try to be a little more positive? or am i just a pollyanna?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home