annie: confused and bemused

Thursday, August 18, 2005

why "foo foo girl"?

thought i should explain about the "foo foo girl". being as i am a mature woman and all.

well, the mature part is mostly on the outside. it seems that i mentally see myself as about 21 years old or so. don't know why or how that happened but it's always been so.

so, i have a penchant for girly stuff. (i'm eternally glad i didn't get stuck at the mental age of, say, 13. someone my age should NOT wear t-shirts that are imprinted "Princess".)

i'm drawn to sparkly stuff, shoes that are totally impractical, twirly skirts and, yes, i do have a tiara in my closet. a friend got me a dime store one for my birthday several years ago. and, yes, i do wear it on my birthday. "duh" funny incident: it was my birthday and i totally forgot i had it on. so what do i do? get on the city bus to go home. the driver does one of those double takes. so i exclaim "it's my birthday! like it's totally normal. didn't take it off either

and (confession time) i own too many shoes. hey, i went through them the other day so that i could "weed" them out. even took them out of their original boxes (labeled on the outside) and tried them on. i ended up ditching two pair. again: two pair. the funny thing is that i wear a lot of them on a regular basis.

i don't know why but looking nice and having something girly makes me feel good. there must be some gender issue that i'm contributing to on some level but i don't care. if a 3 tiered, egyptian cotton peasant shirt (swirls nicely) makes me happy then i'm wearing it!

i also laugh a lot and enjoy life as much as i can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home